Thursday, 26 July 2012

Checking out the knees

I've been working really hard on getting the bend out of my legs on first contact. This is a must for race walking, and something that can get you DQ'd pretty darn quickly if you're not doing it. I've posted before about my extremely wonky knees, especially the left one (past surgery and atrophy had made it a reluctant participant in the experiment!), so although I sort of have an excuse for bent knee, it simply won't fly, and I'm just stubborn enough to make that [insert colourful adjective of choice here] knee cooperate. Today we took some video to see how things have been going. As usual, it's rather painful to see oneself on video, but also a real learning experience. There is improvement, thankfully, but still a ways to go; and I'm just stubborn enough....



No comments:

Post a Comment