Monday, 30 January 2012

The Agony of the Long Distance Walker

I'm going to say something that will shock most of you...are you ready? I HATE SLOW DISTANCE WALKING!!!!!  I think I'm too much of a speed freak or something, but I find it very difficult to do those very necessary LSD workouts. My speed keeps creeping up as my Garmin beeps frantically at me to slow down. I try to focus on technique, choosing one thing at a time (the latest is driving the knee forward rather than just swinging it passively); I try to listen to music that is the right speed.....
I think I'll have to use my mini-metronome to keep me on an even keel.  But I still won't like it.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Vive la différence! I look so forward to them... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now don't get me wrong - moving slow is great for hiking! Maybe I just need to change my perspective!

    ReplyDelete